ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 188.8.131.52 has a few tricks up its sleeve. This update gives you a few new helpful features, such as the ability to flash ZIPs from the external SD card. The update also endows you with the power to Choose Backup Format so you can choose between the new.dup method with the blobs folder or the original .tar method where everything is in the date/time-stamped folder. You can also Create an Image ZIP from a NANDroid Backup.
- Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300
- A Windows PC
- Backup all important data (message,contacts,etc)
- Disable antivirus in your pc
- Enable USB Debugging (Setting-Developer options-check USB debugging)
- Make sure your device battery >70%
- Extract the contents of the Odin v3.04 ZIP file to your computer to get Odin3_v3.04.exe.
- Turn off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Home, Volume Down, and Power buttons. Press the Volume Up button to continue into Download Mode.
- On your computer, double-click the Odin3_v3.04.exe file to launch it.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable. You should see an “ADDED!” message in the message box in the lower left of the Odin window.
- In Odin, make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are ticked.
- Click on the PDA button and select the recovery-cwm-touch-184.108.40.206-i9300.tar file.
- Click on Start in Odin to begin flashing ClockworkMod Recovery to your Galaxy S3.
- When ClockworkMod Touch Recovery has been flashed to your Galaxy S3, your phone should reboot. You can unplug your device when you see the Samsung logo and when you see a PASSED message in Odin.
- To make sure that ClockworkMod Touch Recovery has been successfully installed on your Galaxy S3, boot into Recovery Mode. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Home, Volume Up, and Power buttons.
Instruction from Android Authority